Sunday, November 11, 2012

A Clean Slate


My room is now clean for the first time in a few months. It may be cluttered and unorganized, but I can see the floor. It is amazing the difference a change in your surroundings can make to your mental state. I now feel so relaxed in my room that I was content to literally curl up on my bed like a cat and take a nap today. I squandered a few hours, but it felt nice. So I guess the time is not totally wasted.

Cute cats seem to be driving traffic to C/K's blog. And I steal everything from him. EVERYTHING!

I now also have a space to work. My desk previously held a pillow, a pile of loose papers, and a tube of toothpaste; those items are still stacked haphazardly in the vicinity, but I can use my desk. It is a sort of architect/artist’s desk with a surface that can be adjusted at an angle. I have it at what my eyeball estimates to be 20-30 degrees. This way, my laptop can be arranged at what is theoretically a more ergonomic position and it will be more difficult to pile things on the desk. Then again, I compensated before by placing things on that pillow to create a level area.

I have sort of failed NaNoWriMo, but I am okay with that. After all, I can go for it at any time. I am still stuck between stories to write, though, which is frustrating. However, I know I still have the passion to write: while having coffee with a friend, I launched into synopses and explanations for my current rotation of stories, enthusiastically sharing details and proudly displaying a map I created in GIMP. I just need to give my one story some direction to continue it. I have also tried immersing myself in my materials for an older story. While I know what I want out of that one, I have a couple of issues with the plot. Either way, the solution, as always, is to power through.

No comments:

Post a Comment