Sunday, September 9, 2012

Wiki-Documenting My Mind


While going through the back catalogue of Writing Excuses, I was turned on to a piece of software known as WikidPad. The short explanation is that it lets you create personalized, local wikis about anything and everything. Naturally, this is a powerful tool for any writing that involves world building. Since I am flitting between stories that I want to work on, and was in the process of using word documents to write my story bible, I decided to give it a try. I was initially frustrated by a couple of issues regarding how the links are displayed hierarchically, and I have yet to find a way to create category pages, but after trying competing software, WikidPad seems to be the best option for me.­

If you need to keep entire histories of civilizations straight, or even just want an easy guide to your main characters, this could be a useful tool for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment